- Welcome to all new and returning families!
- The 2023 ball season has officially kicked off at all levels, with Mini-Minor and Blastball joining this week!
- There have been some additions to the CLL website this year… take a look in the Parent Tab to see new Parent Manuals for every division
- Here you’ll find important information about parent responsibilities, whether you are new to CLL or a ‘seasoned’ returning parent!
- This ball season promises to be an exciting time… check into the CLL website to keep looped in and stay up to date on what’s happening in all divisions!
Parents, Coaches, Division Coordinators and Board of Directors
- Thank you to all those that have put so much time and hard work into these early weeks of the season
- There have been many behind the scenes activities gone into starting the season off successfully!
- Registration, evaluations, setting up teams, getting equipment ready, uniforms, field work prep and also… planning for the Bat-a-thon - our biggest fundraiser of the year!
- Bat-a-thon is Coquitlam Little League’s major fundraiser of the year - you will be receiving more information soon on this exciting event
- Registration fees cover basic operating costs for items such as equipment and uniforms, advertisement, Little League BC and Canada fees, medical coverage, insurance etc. however, any capital expenditures or improvements to our facilities must be supported by fundraising - like the Bat-a-thon!
- This exciting event takes place on May 27, 2023 at Mackin Park from 9:00 - 4:00!
- This is a great community all-day event, with fun activities planned throughout Mackin Park!
- Not only will players will be batting, they will be base racing and participating in other fun competitions
- There will be activities and stations set up for every age group - bring the whole family for this fun-filled day!
- Picture Day is scheduled on the same day as the Bat-a-thon (you will be receiving more information and forms from your Team Parents about Picture Day)Attend your scheduled picture time slot with your team, then plan to spend the day at Mackin Park participating in Bat-a-thon!
- Parking will be at a premium, so come early!
- If you are wondering how you can help with either Bat-a-thon or Picture Day, email info@coquitlamlittleleague to sign up!
- Check the CLL website for volunteer opportunities - there are lots of volunteers needed to make these events a success … more information to follow on how you can help out!
- Again, many thanks to all the Coaches and Parents that helped with evaluations!
- Now that teams are set up, parents should be able to use the RAMP App to communication with your coach and other parents on your team
- Take a look at the RAMP Tutorials located on the CLL Website
- Download the App today!
- Some of you may be new to scorekeeping, and will see that there is a learning curve to get it just right!
- There are also several great Scorekeeping YouTube Videos on the CLL website to learn the ‘art of scorekeeping’ by hand!
- CLL is fortunate to receive an incredible amount of community support each year, and this season is no exception!
- Our sponsorship team has been hard at work and we have new sponsors joining the fold all the time, but if there are any of you or know of someone that is interested in sponsoring this year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for some CLL spirit wear, or maybe a new bag for the player in your house?
- Here’s the link to our online store
- Online orders can be picked up at Mackin Concession, contact Lisa Lenarduzzi at email@example.com to arrange a time
- Next up… The Karl Gosselin Tournament
- Schedule from May 11th to May 14th
- This is a fantastic tournament, where all the league age 12 year olds come up and get a taste of playing at Blue Mountain Park with the 13 year olds from the Junior Division
- The 16/17 year olds in the Senior Division get to experience the joys of coaching first hand!
- This amazing weekend of baseball will have the younger kids playing on the 54/80 diamond with leadoffs, stealing, and pickoffs! Lots of fun for everyone!
- If you’re looking for a volunteer opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- More tournaments are planned for May and June, and lots of post-season ball will be coming your way! Check out the May Newsletter and the CLL website for more information!
Postseason All Star and Select Teams
- Postseason starts at the 7 year old age all the up to the Senior division
- Coaches and Tryout dates will be announced soon
- If you are interested in playing on a postseason All Star or Select team you will need to commit to all of July
Did You Know…
- That Little League Baseball is the largest youth sports organization in the world?
- That there are over 180,000 Little League teams world wide?
- That there are over 2.5 million boys and girls registered in Little League throughout the world?
Chuckle of the Day
Thanks for your time… if you have any questions or comments, please email